We do one-on-one in car training and not 3, or 2-on-1.
- Ministry of Transport limits driving instruction to 2-on-1. A driving school offering 3-on-1 in-car service is working outside of their license.
- 10 hours in the car means 10 hours behind the wheel – not 30 hours in the car with 20 of them waiting for your turn. Your time is valuable.
No embarrassment from making mistakes in front of your peers.
Fewer distractions from others in the car.
The Full Course
Full Course with automatic transmission(minimum of 10 hrs of in-car).
$975 taxes included. ($862.83 + HST)Register Class Schedule
Full Course with manual transmission.(minimum of 12 hrs of in-car).
$1195 taxes included. ($1057.52 + HST)Register
The full course is the Ministry of Transport approved Beginners Cooperative Defensive driving course. This course involves 4 days of in-class - 20 hrs, 35 simulation scenerios with discussions and assignments - 10hrs, and a minimum of 5 in-car lessons of 2hrs each 1-on-1 to your door - 10hrs. Occasionally additional in-car lessons may be required at an additional charge.
20 hours In Class - (Attitude)
With the use of videos, slides, power point presentations, white board diagrams, numerous questions, high interaction with the students, class activities, numerous props and reviews, students are attentive and learn way more than they expected.
- Law, Signs, Signals, Pavement markings
- Knowing your vehicle (It's more than just a cool car)
- Why your vehicle will skid (Almost all skids are caused by the driver.)
- Motives, Attitude, Behaviour, Teamwork
- Anticipating verses reacting
- How to deal and not deal with a tailgater. (Why it's wrong to tap your brakes)
- Impaired driving. (It's way more than just drinking and driving)
35 Virtual Reality Simulator Scenerios- (Anticipation)
With our Virtual Reality Kinaesthetically Correct Simulator, students learn how to find and handle dangerous situations in a safe environment. They improve their ability to anticipate rather than react.
- Handling the steering wheel, gas and brakes
- Being aware of traffic all around you – not just in front.
- Checking all around before moving
- Watching your mirrors
- Passing, others passing in front of you
- Pedestrians and traffic not stopping for their red light
- Handling emergency situations, collision avoidance
- Lane changes
- Winding roads
- Slippery roads
1-on-1 In-Car – (Techniques)minimum of 10 Hours automatic or 12 hours manual transmission
In-car lessons are done in a minumum of 5 automatic or 6 manual modules of 2 hours each. Occasionally, if a student is not doing well, additional lessons will be required.
- 3-point turns
- Parking, Forward in, Backing in, Hill, and of course Parallel Park
- Railroad tracks
- Lane changes
- Downtown and one way streets,
- You can have in-car only lessons if you wish
Extra Mile Express $125 ($110.62 + HST)
This is used in conjunction with the full course. You may have a need or wish to book all of your In-car lessons with one request. This allows you to: Finish the In-car portion in a predetermined time. Schedule yourself and control the pace that you want to learn.